In today’s digital era, E-commerce has become an integral part of everyone’s life! Whether users want to order shoes, groceries, or their favorite ice cream, everything can be at their doorsteps in no minutes.
And what makes all this so functional is the ecommerce app. As the number of cell phone users is increasing daily, so are the app users. As per the market statistics, Global mobile usage is anticipated to reach 7.49 billion people in 2025.. This is a good sign for the ecommerce app market and also for all the business owners and entrepreneurs willing to be a part of it.
Now this is the most commonly raised question how much will it cost to build an ecommerce application? Well, this is relatively easy to find. In this blog, we covered all the questions about ecommerce application development.
Market Statistics for the E-commerce Industry
- In the year 2021, m-commerce sales in the US exceeded 360 billion. It is expected to grow up to 710.42 billion in 2025.
- Ecommerce app revenue reached in the year 2021 up to $3.56 trillion and is expected to grow.
- According to Insider Intelligence, m-commerce sales will reach $534.18 billion in 2024, or 40.4% of ecommerce sales.
- In 2023, revenue from mobile apps is projected to reach over $935 billion.
Benefits of Creating an eCommerce App for Your Business
There are multiple benefits related to creating an ecommerce app for your business. Here are some of the benefits listed-
1. Brand Visibility
Mobile phones are the most used and helpful device for users in any scenario. When your business will have its own mobile application, there will be an increase in chances of getting interacted with the user. This helps in reaching a wider audience and increasing brand visibility.
2. Increased Convenience for Customers
With the use of a mobile e-commerce app, customers can conveniently browse and purchase products from your business at any time, from anywhere. This could lead to increased sales and consumer loyalty.
3. Improved User Experience
A well-designed mobile app can provide clients with a more seamless and enjoyable buying experience than a website can. This might lead to more consumer engagement and improved conversion rates.
4. Personalization and Targeting
A mobile e-commerce app can provide a more individualized experience for the user by using data from the user’s location, browsing preferences, and previous purchases.
5. Offline Functionality
Users with poor internet connectivity might greatly benefit from mobile apps’ capacity to work offline and retain certain data.
6. Push Notification
Mobile apps can send push notifications to users in order to convey tailored news, offers, and other important information.
A well-designed and user-friendly online app development can help your store stay competitive and grow by offering customers a convenient and delightful purchasing experience, increasing exposure and reach, and providing essential data for targeting and customization.
Major Factors Affecting the Cost to Hire eCommerce App Developers
1. Feature List
The development cost of the application totally depends on the things that need to be included in the application as per the requirement of the customer. There are multiple features that can be added or skipped according to preferences.
Some of the vital features of the ecommerce application. For instances,
- User login
- Chat or messaging
- Sign up through social media or email
- In-app purchases
- Push notifications
- Portrait or landscape view
- Payment integration
- And many more !!
You can also ask for eliminating some features of your ecommerce mobile app development company to lower down the cost.
2. Platform ( Android and iOS)
The development of an application for any of the platforms, whether it is Android or iOS, is cost depends on the platform. And to work on a particular platform, the company needs a developer that would create an app compatible with Android or iOS. For Android needs to have proper knowledge of Java or kotlin, and for iOs, one has to have a great knowledge of Swift and Objective C. Working on both platforms can also increase the cost of the development.
To reduce the cost in one more way, it is to do proper research on the audience they are focusing on for the particular app. If the audience is more of iOs, then we have to focus on developing an app compatible with it more than focusing on Android, which also reduces the development cost.
3. Third-Party Integration
Sometimes small features integrated into the app can be more expensive. Instead, you can integrate a third party that would avail you of all the necessary features. It can be quite costly to make every feature from Scratch for the app than to integrate one. But third-party integration is < cost of developing a new feature. Many times all features are also not important, so we have to make sure only required features get integrated with the help of third-party integration.
4. App Maintenance
You have to keep in mind the updates and technical issues after the application is launched on a regular basis. It is software, so you never know what can go wrong at what time, so be prepared for the more or less in advance. Sometimes the situation can also become complicated to resolve, so you have to connect to the app development company that would aid you.
5. UI/UX Design
Any user is attracted to a good design. Though, the app’s design is termed the heart of any ecommerce app development. Designing plays a significant role in impressing the audience. And keep this in mind; there is huge competition in the market for the ecommerce development world. But the cost of developing an ecommerce app design is costly to get a good design; the amount will also range well. And, of course, this is one thing that you do not want to compromise in the application.
A pro tip you can ask for hybrid app development from your company that can help in getting one fabulous design for both platforms and the cost will also reduce.
6. Development Team and Location
One of the significant factors is the cost of building the app, depending on the place you choose. Yes, many countries and companies also have different development costs. So before heading to one, you have to do some research on which company and the place to opt to fetch the most benefit. You can go for the countries that have cheap rates for development. And this is because they get cheap labor that affects the development cost.
Secondly, the development team also plays an equally important role in the app making as the type of app you want to develop and for that, what kind of expertise is required can also cost you more or less.
7. Development Process for Ecommerce App
The development process can be of two types for any kind of app development and for ecommerce app development also.
- App Development from Scratch
In this, the development company takes all the necessary information from you and then provides a specific team for your project. They then start working on each element and develop it from Scratch as per your app idea.
- Clone App Development
This is the process of making a clone app. Basically, if you like an app and then you want to get your open app developed similarly to the existing one. You can ask the company for the same app development. The app development company will make an exact copy of the application.
Sometimes it is good to opt for the clone development of the app in the situation you don’t have adequate knowledge of the app development process, and this can also reduce the cost of development.
8. Technology Used
You have to look for the technology that has to be used in the app development prior to the process. Different technologies have different learning curves, requirements, and tools, which can affect the amount of time and effort needed to complete a project. Some platforms may require more specialized skills or expensive licenses, which can increase the cost of development. This will help in making a clear view of the upcoming things.
9. Security Considerations
Security is also one of the top priorities regardless you are creating a small or big platform app. Since the app will store sensitive data, such as employee information, transaction record, customer details, and other payment details require highly improved security. For the security of the app, the app development team will guide you on which one to choose and why so you should also gain some knowledge before opting for one without prior knowledge.
Overall, the cost to hire eCommerce app developers can vary greatly depending on these and other factors. To make sure that the finished product satisfies your goals and budget, it’s crucial to carefully consider every factor and collaborate with a trustworthy development team.
Cost Breakdown of Developing an Ecommerce App
The cost of developing an ecommerce app depends on the various factors as follows:
1. Development cost
It is the stage at which the app takes its shape through the codes. Depending upon the features, the company you opt for the development, time taken for the development, technologies used, and the number of experts working on the project decide the cost. The time required to develop an app can be around 4- 6 months and can cost starting from $10,000, and depending upon factors, the cost can increase or decrease. Geographical locations also carry different costs, and Asian or European countries can cost less than others.
2. Wireframe Cost
So this is one of the starting steps of app development. It is basically a blueprint of the mobile app with the detailed layout of app screens and arrangements and other visual elements like buttons, icons, etc. Multiple wireframes are made and discussed with you to finalize the most appropriate one that meets your idea. The making of wireframes can depend upon the project. It can take some days to make multiple different wireframes with various complexities on each screen. The estimated cost of creating one can be around $500 for 2 or 3 screens and may vary as it increases.
3. Design costs
The estimated cost for designing an eCommerce app includes the following:
- UI/UX design – The estimated cost of developing a user experience and user interface may range from $5000.
- Graphic design – The estimated cost of icons, visual elements, and designing graphics may range from $2000.
- Animation and video production – The estimated cost for adding video production and animation may range from $10,000 to $25,000.
4. Maintenance and support costs
Here’s a breakdown of the main cost components of maintenance and support costs.
- Ongoing maintenance and upgrades– Ongoing maintenance and upgrades can cost anywhere between $5,000 and $50,000 each year, depending on the complexity of the software and the hourly rate of the development team.
- Technical support and bug fixes- Depending on the complexity of the software and the hourly rate of the support staff, the cost of providing technical help and correcting bugs might range from $2,000 to $20,000 each year.
- Marketing and advertising costs- Depending on the target audience and the marketing channels employed, the cost of marketing and advertising the app can vary greatly. However, a reasonable estimate for marketing and advertising expenses is that they might run anywhere from $10,000 and $100,000 annually.
5. Additional Cost
The cost other than what we discussed so far, here is some of the minor costs also present for the app development.
|Platform and Technology Costs||So this cost is basically for the platform your app is made for. To launch your app on a platform, there can be fees, such as Google having $25 as a one-time fee and Apple having $99 for one year. Other than this, they also take service charges in-app payment. Apple takes 15% app’s total and Google 30.|
|Third-Party Integrations||The third-party integration can cost from $5000.|
|Hosting and Server Costs||you have to search for an available domain for your app, and according to that, you can choose the extent of services you avail, which can cost around $500.|
|Payment Gateway Integration||To integrate a payment gateway, there can be additional costs depending on the service providers. It usually ranges from 1.5% -3% of the transaction cost.|
|Security and Compliance Costs||The estimated cost for implementing security and compliance measures may range from $5,000.|
The price of creating an eCommerce app might vary significantly depending on the project’s complexity and the particular requirements of the client company. To make sure that the finished product satisfies both the needs and the budget of the company, it is crucial to work with a recognized development team and carefully analyze each category of cost.
The Average Cost of Developing an Ecommerce App
1. Comparison of Estimated Development Costs for Different Complexity of Ecommerce Apps
Here are the estimated costs of developing an ecommerce app based on its complexity:
- Basic ecommerce app: A basic ecommerce app includes the essential features of the product listing, shopping cart, checkout, and payment gateway. It has the minimum customization. The initial cost for developing it is $10,000.
- Moderate ecommerce app: More advanced features like inventory management, customer profiles, discounts and promotions, numerous payment methods, delivery options, and fundamental analytics would be present in moderate e-commerce software. The initial cost of development can be $30,000.
- Complex ecommerce app: All the elements of a moderate e-commerce app would be present in a complex version along with advanced features like social network integration, multi-language support, advanced analytics, personalized suggestions, and more extensive customization possibilities. The estimated cost of development will be around $100,000.
2. Comparison of Estimated Development Costs Across Different Platforms
Here’s a table summarizing the estimated costs of developing an ecommerce app across different platforms.
|Android||$21,000 to $100,000|
|iOS||$9,000 to $90,000|
|Hybrid||$25,000 to $150,000|
3. Comparison of Estimated Development Costs for Different Development Teams in Different Locations per Hour
Here’s a table summarizing the hourly rates for software development teams in the UK, Lebanon, and the US:
|Location||Hourly rate range|
Tips for Keeping Ecommerce App Development Costs Down
Although creating an e-commerce app can be expensive, there are ways to cut expenses without compromising the app’s functionality or quality. Here are some pointers to help you keep the price of developing an e-commerce app under control:
- Prioritize features and functionality: Setting the most important features and functionalities for your business as priorities is essential. By doing this, you can focus on developing your app’s most vital features without wasting time or resources on ones that are less important.
- Choose the right development team: For cost-effective development, picking the correct development team is essential. Look for a team that has experience developing e-commerce apps and a track record of producing high-quality apps on time and under budget.
- Choose the right platform: Selecting the appropriate platform is also crucial. Choose a platform that is both cost-effective and satisfies your company’s goals because different platforms require different amounts of development.
- Optimize for mobile: The majority of online shopping now takes place on mobile devices. To ensure that your customers can simply access and utilize your app on their mobile devices, optimize your e-commerce app for mobile devices.
- Start with a minimum viable product (MVP): Starting with an MVP is a great method to reduce costs while still producing a usable and working app. Before spending money on more significant development, an MVP enables you to test your app’s features and functionalities with a small group of users.
Yogniee Offers an Affordable Solution for Developing E Commerce Apps.
If you are looking for a company to build an ecommerce app, you are at the right place. We at Yogniee offer an affordable solution for app development. Our team of skilled developers and designers offers specialized ecommerce app development services to meet the unique requirements and financial constraints of their clients. Our fast and effective development process guarantees that their customers receive high-quality software at a competitive price. In order to keep the app current and functional, we also provide ongoing support and maintenance.
In all, we can be your great option for businesses looking for an affordable solution for developing an ecommerce app without sacrificing quality and functionality.
The topic cost of developing an ecommerce app is quite complex to understand. It has many areas to consider to find out the estimated cost of developing it. And on top of it, the user experience is a necessary thing. To make an app successful, you should have the support of the best development company, which can guide you through the development process at a minimal cost.
Still, If you are confused about where to go and who help you can take, our team is here to help you 24*7 with any queries of yours and can help you in making your dreams come true.
The time to build an ecommerce app will depend upon several factors, such as functionality, complexity, technological stacks, and features used in the development process. Though, general app development requires around 3 to several months, depending on the technicalities and specific requirements.
The cost of building an ecommerce app like Noon depends on several factors, such as the development team, features, platform, third-party integrations, design, and testing and maintenance. A basic ecommerce app can cost between $10,000 to $50,000, while a moderate ecommerce app can cost between $50,000 to $100,000. A complex ecommerce app can cost over $100,000.
The cost factors that determine the cost of an app are-
1. Development team
4. Third-party integration