There are several reasons why PHP is a popular choice for web development:
1. Easy to learn: PHP has a relatively short learning curve compared to other programming languages such as Java or C++. It also has a syntax similar to C and Perl making it easy for developers to grasp.
2. Open-source and free: PHP is an open-source language and free to use for web development, which reduces the cost of development.
3. Platform independence: PHP is platform-independent, so it can run on all major operating systems including Windows, Linux, and Mac.
4. Large community: PHP has a large developer community which means that there are many resources, libraries, and frameworks available, making development fast and efficient.
5. Scalability: PHP is highly scalable and can handle large amounts of traffic easily, making it an ideal choice for web applications that need to handle high levels of user traffic.
6. Compatibility: PHP is compatible with most popular servers, including Apache and IIS, making it easy to deploy on a wide range of server configurations. Overall, PHP is a versatile and efficient programming language that is well-suited for developing dynamic and interactive web applications.